MINI GRAMMY AOTY REVIEWS: POST MALONE - BEERBONGS & BENTLEYS




POST MALONE - BEERBONGS & BENTLEYS

Admittedly, as wrong as it is, I went into this album thinking I'd hate it. I didn't. I was actually quite happy listening to it whilst doing some bits and pieces of essay writing and research.

Post Malone's voice is a distinctive one, but also a pretty nice one. With the tracks on the album that were more low-key, there was a definite chilled vibe to them and a fair few of them I'd be happy to listen to again. I somehow thought that every song would be like the track 'rockstar' with 21 Savage, but this wasn't the case and the album generally had a more chilled sound than I expected.

However, at one point I started really listening to the lyrics and things took a turn. I realised that the lyrics to a lot of these songs were sometimes aggressive but also outstandingly sad. Under the layers of saying how great it is to be famous and rich, you definitely get the sense of heartbreak and loneliness within his lifestyle. I don't know who hurt Post Malone, but God, you really got him good.

Overall, 'Beerbongs & Bentleys' wasn't bad at all. There were certainly tracks that I preferred and tracks that I wasn't a huge fan of, but it was pretty decent. I was quick to judge but my mind was definitely changed, and although I'm certainly not becoming his number one fan, I'd definitely be more inclined to check out future releases by Post Malone.

THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE: LAVISH, LAYERED AND LONELY.

COULD IT WIN? Probably not.

RATING OUT OF 5: 3/5!

LISTEN ON SPOTIFY HERE
LISTEN ON APPLE MUSIC HERE
BUY ON POSTMALONE'S WEBSITE HERE

Written by Ruby Crowhurst


Comments

Popular Posts